Friday 13 December 2013

Please meet lovely Tasha

We asked Tasha to make us some masks for one of our recent shoots as we fell in love with her work and enthusiasm.
So here she is …


My name is Tasha-Ruth Elcox. I’m 18 years old and art and design is one of my passions. I studied art at school . I class myself as an ‘all rounder’ in art as I had to deal with nearly every kind of media possible to create pieces of work.
However, backstage and design only recently became a big thing for me in the last 3 years.

If you asked me what inspires me to design, I’d honestly have to say a lot of things. I could be inspired by an everyday occurrence like seeing a poster advertising a musical or even watching Strictly Come Dancing every Saturday. For designing costume my main inspiration is imagining the final product being used for the purpose I designed it for. It could be imagining a costume on stage under all the lights, being performed in or imagining a fashion design being used for a photo shoot. That’s the moment that inspires me.
As I’ve only done set design for school productions at my old school, the thing that inspires me most is that first look at the set on the stage with lights and then the knowledge that I’ve helped the director create their vision.
They’re the moments I live for. Nothing can beat them.










No comments:

Post a Comment